Passion for Patient Safety in the Surgical Suite™
D.A. Surgical patient positioning products offer protection to surgical equipment and patients while in the Trendelenburg and supine positions
D. A. Surgical provides reusable and single-use patient positioning products, as well as surgical table accessories focused on patient, staff, and equipment safety.
- TrenGuard® is the company’s flagship product. It is a standard of care positioning device for patients being placed in the Trendelenburg position.
- ArmGuard® has an application for any surgical procedure utilizing the supine position.
- FaceGuard® acts as both face protection for the patient and a versatile, table-mounted instrument tray.
- ShroudGuard® protects surgical table pedestal shrouding from damaged caused by accessories left on the table base.
D. A. Surgical patient positioning devices have application for usage during conventional and robotic assisted laparoscopy and open surgery for specialties including Urology, GYN, General and ColoRectal.
Founder, Dan Allen, invented the boot-style surgical stirrups design which is found in nearly every OR.
- A respected pioneer and product designer who has dedicated more than 40 years to the study of anatomy and physiology as they relate to the proper positioning of patients in surgery.
- Participated in over 3,000 surgeries observing patient safety and positioning issues, which motivated him to develop products to address unmet needs.